Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My feelings about the Election... set down in verse

This morning I felt compelled to express my feelings. I know that I won't be that popular with some people, but at least I'm not afraid to say how I really feel, and how many of the people I know feel as well. I hope you enjoy this.




The Morning After

I watched the polls and realized I threw my vote away.

It's not that I didn't want HIM, it's just that I didn't want all who'd come with HIM.
All the talking heads with axes to grind who somehow think because the color of their skin is the same as HIS, it gives them rights. Jesse, Al, Oprah... you know who you are...

While I know they rejoice who cheered HIM on, and hope for winds of change, I can't help but wonder what lurks behind the smile of a man who'd sit at the feet of a pastor full of hate for 20 years?

In resignation I lift HIM in prayer. I know that God places our leaders there. I pray for HIS protection, and that of HIS family. With heartfelt fear, I pray HE'LL be MY president too. And I pray the most HIS office won't be used to beat the same old drum which points the finger at me who never owned a slave.

What will it be like to put our faith in HIM? All I know is it has to be better than what has been. The old guard has been relieved and given their mission to move out of the way for change. Thank you very much, do not pass GO, do not collect $200, and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out! (And thank God you're leaving!)

I look forward to winds of change myself, and only pray they won't topple our world with their fury.

© 2008 Michael Hunter
November 5, 2008

No comments: